GOVERNMENT OF NATIONAL CAPITAL
TERRITORY OF DELHI
ADMINISTRATIVE REFORMS DEPARTMENT
7TH LEVEL, `C' WING, DELHI SECRETARIAT,
I.P. ESTATE NEW DELHI - 110002
Subject :- INFORMATION ON CONSTRUCTION WORKS
1. The Delhi Right to Information Act provides that before initiating any project, the Government should publish or communicate to the public the facts available to it, which should be known to them in the best interest of maintenance of democratic principles. In order to implement these provisions, the following action needs to be taken by all Departments, which are concerned with implementation/execution of construction projects.
A) DISPLAY BOARDS :
(i) Details of projects to be taken up during each financial year or those already underway should be displayed at the project site;
(ii) A display board should indicate in simple language details of scope of work, costs, target date of completion, name of contractor;
B) DISPLAY ON WEBSITES :
(i) Details of all the work contracts in progress should be available on the website of the Department and other executing agencies in which all the above details should be on display.
C) DISPLAY ON NOTICE BOARDS AT WORK SITES :
Notice Boards should be displayed at each project site where the works are in progress depicting the following information :
(a) Name of the Project
(b) Estimated cost of Project
(c) Date of commencement
(d) Expected date of completion
(e) Name of contractor and his telephone number
(f) Name of Executive Engineer and Telephone number for lodging complaint, if any.
D) DISPLAY OF INFORMATION :
A suitable wall of a prominent government building may be selected for display of micro level information relating to construction activities so that each colony/village/locality gets one such wall which can be easily seen by visitors. Information can be put at such prominent places eg. MCD Field Office, DJB Field Office, DJB Pump House, Dhalao, School Building or similar other institutional buildings, etc. in consultation with the officer-in-charge.
2. Details of the contract document indicating the works in progress, material to be used, site plan, ratio of mixtures etc. in simple and layman's language should be available at site with the contractor and his staff for consultation by general public. These documents should also be made available to RWAs.
3. In case the project envisages diversion of traffic suitable arrangements must be made by the contractor and necessary direction signals provided with the approval of executing agency/Delhi Police.
4. It is requested that MCD/NDMC/DJB/DT&TDC/DSIDC and other autonomous bodies/undertakings of the Govt. of Delhi follow the same practice in respect of construction works undertaken by them and detailed instructions are issued in this behalf to the executing agencies.
5. A monthly report will be sought about implementation of these measures as the public have a right to be informed about the construction works coming up in their locality on a decentralized basis. Cooperation in this regard and proactive efforts by the Heads of Departments/Organizations would be needed.
Dated : 04.02.2003
All Pr. Secretaries/Secretaries/HODs,
Autonomous/Local Bodies/Undertakings under
Govt. of NCT of Delhi,
Copy for information to :-
1. Secretary to Lt. Governor, Delhi
2. Pr. Secretary to Chief Minister
3. OSD to Chief Secretary
( DR. K.B. RAI )
DY. DIRECTOR (AR)